[Board] osgeo budget homework

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Mon Dec 11 16:01:34 PST 2017

On 2017-12-11 6:17 PM, Jody Garnett wrote:

> Turning a day near the bonn code sprint into a f2f meeting that involves
> either all officers (an idea I proposed earlier) or all "charter"
> members (and idea proposed during debates on different election styles).

Astrid, Till, Venka and I have already been looking into the day for the
Charter members, and Till got us a quote for the cost for that extra day
rental of Basecamp.  This topic has been on several board meeting
agendas, but we didn't get to it in time.

But we should definitely discuss this idea, whether it is charter or
officers or whoever; I think the vision was to get everyone face-to-face
and discuss the status and future of the foundation.

(our charter member records are more accurate, meaning we have contact
details and documented records; whereas for officers we do not - I did
mention this in a recent meeting)  It would be good to use this focus on
officers to dive into updating who is an OSGeo officer (again, this
would be another call for volunteer(s) for the Secretary role).
Recording who is an OSGeo officer is very important for insurance and
liability issues.

So, lots of volunteers needed in OSGeo :)

-jeff