[Board] Video cal in December

Dirk Frigne dirk.frigne at geosparc.com
Fri Dec 22 00:07:13 PST 2017

Hi Maria,

I just tried it and it looks good!
I will give it a try in my own meetings too.
I confirm Google Hangouts doesn't work on all browsers. I had to install
Chrome to use hangouts.
Skype has improved his technology for linux users. Now it is possible to
share your screen and view several camera images. Also the quality improved.

Thanks for sharing.

Dirk.

On 22-12-17 08:31, María Arias de Reyna wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This is a reminder that tomorrow we have a meeting.
>
> Nobody has said anything about the platform for the videocall. I propose
> jitsi because it allows other people to join us freely without losing
> the control of who speaks. We can even live stream the meeting or share
> later in youtube (don't know about other platforms). It can share screen
> (something which skype doesn't) or share a text pad (we can
> collaboratively help in the minutes making). And it is FOSS. If we like
> this a lot, we can even install our own server to have completely privacy.
>
> So, my proposal is: please, try before the meeting
> https://meet.jit.si/FOSS4G It should work on all major browsers
> (something which Google hangouts doesn't).
>
> Tomorrow we can start there and on irc at the same time, so if we have
> problems, we can fail back to Google Hangouts, Skype, irc or whatever.
>
> Regards,
> María.

Yours sincerely,

ir. Dirk Frigne