[Board] relationship with OGC and logo use

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Wed Jun 28 12:47:26 PDT 2017

Carl and Frank - contacting you as liaisons for OGC.

I am gathering logos for the osgeo website and A3 brochure, one of the
things we would like to do is highlight partners.

The OGC is listed as a member, via MOU, but it is unclear to me the exact
nature of that relationship. The page
https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/OSGeo_signs_Memorandum_of_Understanding_with_OGC
is very clear, but outlines a five year relationship, which would expire
here in 2017 unless we renew.

Given http://www.opengeospatial.org/ogc/guidanceltr and
http://www.opengeospatial.org/ogc/policies/logo I am not extactly sure what
would be appropriate to use.

* Normal OGC logo for use in "OGC Logo in Articles, Press Releases" seems
appropriate as this is a printed article. However we are also claiming a
relationship between our organizations to promote the use of open standards.

* Membership logos look to be in keeping with our MOU, but "Members may
access and acquire high resolution logos for reproduction via the OGC
members only area of this website." <-- we need one of our representatives
to fetch a members logo for us to use.

* The press guide also says "OGC staff love providing quotes supporting and
describing the great work we do as a consortium. " if anyone is up for
getting a quote describing the great work OSGeo and OGC do together it
would be of use.

Sadly it appears that one of the tangible ways we work together, summary of
open standards included on osgeo-live distribution, may of been dropped due
to lack of participation.
--
Jody Garnett