[Board] Argentina local Chapter

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Fri Dec 21 15:07:25 PST 2018

Wow so much information, and so much being done :)

OSGeo is in position to help, it is somewhat easier if we can help with a
specific activity (as was done for formation of osgeo europe chapter).

One question (that may require local legal input) is how sensitive your
organization is to being legally associated with OSGeo. What I mean is to
be effective many local chapters have a “hands off” relationship with no
reporting or financial ties to OSGeo which is incorporated in the US.

Since we are as a community open source advocates, we do try and influence
regional policies around adoption of open source (especially when
procurement polices prevent open source being considered).

So to be effective you many need to check on how we can help. For the
European chapter we specifically did not provide seed money in order to
respect some of the sensitivities outlined above.

We have yet to set a date for the January board meeting, when it is
announced can you add an agenda topic so we can figure these questions out.
Your timing is good since our primary focus is 2019 budget :)

Jody Garnett