[Board] info at osgeo.org how is it managed

María Arias de Reyna delawen at gmail.com
Sun Jan 14 23:35:54 PST 2018

Hi,

Right now we have an info email which "is not monitored regularly, and
forwards only to a few recipients and is therefore not recommended. Please
use one of the above mailing lists to guarantee a proper response to your
query. " (as said in http://www.osgeo.org/contact)

Is this really helpful? Do we have some kind of guidelines to answer this
email (like, always answer with info in copy so we all know this person has
received an answer). Should someone take the responsibility of answering or
forwarding the email properly? Should we at least write some guidelines?
Maybe add some automatic response to it?

If we have an email no one is reading or taking care of, what's the point
of this email?

I say this because I have seen many emails of people complaining about
passwords not being sent to their emails and I have no idea if this has
been taken care of or if this persons are still waiting for an answer. Not
that I really know what to answer, but at least, a response would be nice.

Cheers,
María.