[Board] sponsorship update

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Thu Jan 18 22:25:43 PST 2018

With some encouragement from Astrid I have updated the sponsorship page
with 2018 opportunities.

https://www.osgeo.org/about/how-to-become-a-sponsor/

When this list is complete I would like to make a news announcement;
especially as Gia3D sponsorship expires early February.

There is draft material here:
https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/OSGeo_Sponsorship_Opportunities_2018

Note several events and initiatives are not yet published as they lack an
appropriate link explaining the value and recognition being offered to
prospective sponsors. I have a draft of some text to add, waiting on the
conference committee and un committee.

*Initiative Sponsorship*

*OSGeo undertakes initiatives to pursue our goals as an organization,
several initiatives have identified fund raising targets for 2018:*

   - *The conference committee heads up a travel grant program offering
      financial assistence to help attend OSGeo events.*
      - *UN Committee is spearheading a series of capacity building
      exercises supporting open source adoption through improvements to
      documentation. This initative encourages young innovators, selecting from
      competing bids to directly support open source.*

--
Jody Garnett