[Board] Fwd: request for initial funding

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Tue Mar 20 19:14:25 PDT 2018

If we can assist any of our communities we will always, try to do so. Often
(especially on legal direction) we make use our partners and friends to get
an appropriate answer.

It is not a question on eligibility, but on communication. The sponsorship
suggestion is me personally trying to think of a way this can be handled at
arms length from a legal perspective. OSGeo board does not have, or ask
for, and representation at each local chapter - specifically so the can be
independent legally in each country. I would not want to mess that up by
establishing any kind of expectation.

This is in contrast to our projects, which do have a relationship, in the
form of project officer and AGM report .. and have an expectation of an
annual budget.

Jody Garnett