[Board] Guidance to secretary on handling of loomio motions

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Mon Mar 26 11:30:45 PDT 2018

For anyone following the board email list we have seen a series of motions
being made, and then remade, as we tried to collect 100% feedback required
by our bylaw 4.6 on electronic voting. This is a shame as in many cases the
motions were already passed due to our IRC meeting have quorum (bylaw 4.5).

During the F2F meeting we established the following motion
<https://www.loomio.org/p/sDz8Ify3/guidance-to-secretary-on-handling-of-loomio-motions->
:

*Guidance to secretary on handling of motions and electronic voting from
F2F meeting discussion.*

For reference here is that guidance:

*For motions with quorum taken in a meeting → take to loomio for tracking /
record*

*a) Allow one week to chance to review and respond.*

*b) May be shortened if time sensitive motion (require email to board
members, example emergency event funding)*

*c) After one week consider motion passed based on quorum in meeting. Non

*For motions taken purely to electronic voting*

*a) We still need 100% response rate (Section 4.6), provide a week to
respond so that board members have both a weekend and weekday to respond.*

This represents guidance to our secretary, and is in keeping with our
bylaws section 4.5 and 4.6.
--
Jody Garnett