[Board] [OSGeo-Conf] Request for seed funding for FOSS4G-NA 2019

Steven Feldman shfeldman at gmail.com
Fri Sep 7 09:59:27 PDT 2018

We already have a “standard” agreement for seed funding a FOSS4G Global conference - an example (2016, Bonn) is at https://svn.osgeo.org/osgeo/foss4g/2016/financial_stuff/agreement_with_osgeo/

In return for seed funding and a limited financial guarantee the conference agrees to remit 90% of any surplus to OSGeo. I think in the FOSS4G Cookbook we may have changed that to at least 85%. I don’t know if that would be acceptable to the NA team? We need to have a consistent policy for regional and global events seeking seed funding and/or a financial guarantee (any guarantee should be limited otherwise we could bankrupt OSGeo if something goes disastrously wrong).

I think that a financial transparency clause should be added to the funding agreement going forward and also to the FOSS4G Cookbook (I’m not sure that we can make financial transparency mandatory if we are not providing seed funds or a guarantee but we can encourage it).

Do we have a funding agreement with Bucharest?
______
Steven