[Board] FOSS4G 2021 - Status Update

María Arias de Reyna delawen at gmail.com
Sat Jan 16 12:09:54 PST 2021

Dear Board,

Malena and I propose to meet mid-February (week 15 to 21?) to update our
status and discuss with the board. We would like a specific (video) meeting
for this instead of a quick update on the general board meeting, to be able
to focus on the conference.

The proposed agenda is:
 * Status from the LOC
 * COVID situation
      - What do we know at this point
      - Key differences and pros/cons between online and in person
(thoughts from the LOC)
      - *Who* will be involved in the decision? (Is it a Board decision or
a Conference Committee decision?)
      - *How* are we going to decide? (Key indicators/factors for the
decision)
      - *What* we miss (if any) to make the decision between online and in
person
      - *When* are we going to decide (March is a soft deadline, as we
should start (or not) contacting providers)

We (LOC) will prepare some slides for the first points to break the ice and
then open the discussion to everyone attending the meeting.

Cheers!
María.