[California] Biographies For Tomorrow

Moskovitz, Bob Bob.Moskovitz at conservation.ca.gov
Sat Feb 21 01:47:29 EST 2009

Bob Moskovitz is a Research Analyst with the California Geological Survey's (formerly known as the California Department of Mines and Geology) Seismic Hazards Mapping Project(SHMP).  He has developed various GIS applications to assist in the creation of earthquake induced landslide hazard zones and liquefaction hazard zone maps as well as web map applications that makes these hazard zones available to the public.  Because of various limitations of our GIS platform, he started to research  research FOSSGIS and discovered that most of our workflows can be done in GRASS and QGIS can be used as a user friendly front-end to GRASS.