[cat-interop] GitHub and registry URI dereferencing

Steve Richard steve.richard at azgs.az.gov
Wed Mar 5 08:44:07 PST 2014

I like the idea of having the registry on GitHub, using a neutral domain for the host name in the HTTP URIs, with a redirector to point those URIs at authoritative resources when dereferenced.  These resources must be under some stable stewardship, ideally not linked with any commercial interest, and with a supporting community. Should the host be metadata101  or OSGeo-which is more stable and better supported.

Stephen M Richard
Arizona Geological Survey
416 W. Congress  #100
Tucson, AZ