[COC-discuss] Fwd: [OSGeo-Conf] Recused

MarĂ­a Arias de Reyna delawen at gmail.com
Mon Dec 17 23:05:37 PST 2018

On Thu, Dec 13, 2018 at 12:53 PM Ian Turton <ijturton at gmail.com> wrote:

> This is why we need to leave the assumption of good intentions in the CoC
> :-(

Precisely this is why we should remove the good faith. The intention is
irrelevant here, the important question is: did he had some advantage
during the process due to be first voting and then part of a candidature?
Did he had some kind of access to classified information? If the answer is
yes, it doesn't matter if he had good intention, the process has to be
repeated. And if the answer is no, who cares what the intention was? The
outcome is fair.