[Conference-europe] Registration fee

Johan Van de Wauw johan.vandewauw at gmail.com
Tue Dec 9 11:23:56 PST 2014

Maria,

Thanks for keeping the costs down - it helps to be an inclusive community!

On the other hand, conferences like this are perhaps one of the few ways
commercial and governement entities can sponsor Osgeo easily. They often
don't mind paying a fee for a conference and workshops whereas sponsoring
is going through entirely different departments. I guess it is too late
now, but for the future we could perhaps consider having two prices: a
standard price and a 'starving hacker' price (better name suggestions
welcome). The latter could be for students, charter members and others who
apply.

Anyway, looking forward to the conference!
Johan