[Conference-europe] Introducing a new volunteer (Karine)

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Thu Mar 12 14:53:04 PDT 2015

Hello fellow FOSS4G-Como committee members!

A colleague of mine here in Canada, Karine Jean[1], will be moving to
Europe around June, and (our lucky day) she brings a lot of conference
organizing experience, having been the event manager for a geomatics
conference here in the province of Quebec the last few years (and the
recent event had a full OSGeo track with the help of the OSGeo-Quebec
chapter! [2]).  She'd love to help with one of the committees, as a way
to network and get her feet on the ground in Europe.

Karine is now a member of this mailing list, and is keen on helping.
She has reviewed our committees page, and is willing to help out at:
General, GeoForAll, Social Media or Workshops committee (or any tasks
that need help).

Can we find a home for her on one of the committees? :)

(Karine speaks fluent French and English)

Thanks,

-jeff

[1] https://ca.linkedin.com/in/karineje
[2] http://2014.visiongeomatique.com/#programmation