[Conference-europe] [Europe] planning for FOSS4G Europe 2025

Jáchym jachym at cepicky.ch
Tue Jul 9 11:06:12 PDT 2024

Guys,

I've updated the main wiki page

https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Conference-Europe

And DRAFTED a new page, where we can collect all the proposals

https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G-Europe-2025

Feel free to add more details ^^.

The bid did not start yet - we should first agree on the propositions. But it should give the teams raw idea what is going to happen.

@Besfort I would like you to nominate to the FOSS4G-Europe conference committee https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Conference-Europe#Committee

You did great job with the FOSS4G-Global last year and you have valid points and experiences, which are essential for having you as member.

I suggest we wait a bit, till Tonis is refreshed from the past event and then we set things to move.

I also suggest, we continue the discussion in the conference-europe mailing list only (leave out Europe for other organisational things)

Are we good?

Jachym

P.S. It's great to see the new energy. I'm especially thankful to the last two FOSS4G events, held in Europe, who started to roll the stone again.

---- On Tue, 09 Jul 2024 00:38:14 +0200 Besfort Guri via Conference-Europe <conference-europe at lists.osgeo.org> wrote ---

Dear all,

mailto:tonis.kardi at gmail.com may also be important to include in this email conference committee.

In my understanding, we can have only 3 applications, since Pekka was proposing Sweden, and he wrote an email that QGIS Sweden can not be interested.

For your information, I was contacted by Mostar, Bosnia's possible chair, and he asked me to contact you and some other people. But he said that he needs firstly to talk with some people and arrange the date for the meeting.

And before everything I vote to ask again, Hamidreza if he is interested in organizing and as well Sevilla. Because we are making a process before without beginning 100 % sure that they will submit something.

Best regards,

Besfort