[OSGeo-Conf] conference domain name

Tyler Mitchell tylermitchell at shaw.ca
Thu Dec 14 15:36:40 EST 2006

Speaking with our infrastructure migration project in mind, I'd
recommend going forward with foss4g2007.org so that the organisers
can get started ASAP on a web presence.  It is also highly likely
that the osgeo web sites will not use so many subdomains as at
present.  It'd be safer to not build on xxx.osgeo.org.  However,  we
can always point our DNS for foss4g.osgeo.org to the foss4g2007 site
and migrate later.   Either way, they need something to work with
right away, and will get held up by migration in the meantime.

Tyler