[OSGeo-Conf] Re: OSGeo Conference RFP 2007

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Thu Oct 5 09:47:52 EDT 2006

Paul Ramsey wrote:
> Also a financial package from other conferences on things like total
> paid attendance, paid workshop attendance, sponsorships, etc, otherwise
> proposers are working blind on what the per-attendee fee would be.
> Shame the inputs are restricted while the outputs are not. :)

Paul,

It certainly is desirable for us to collect some past historical information.
But as the RFP is written the proposals do not require a detailed accounting
of costs and planned income.  Instead I had envisaged the proposers giving
some information on gross costs for venue, and events and for a detailed
budget to be worked out later.   I think it would be unreasonable to expect a
firm financial proposal at this point in the process.

If a responder is intending to contract out a lot of organizational functions,
having some sense of the costs of this would also be desirable.

Best regards,