[OSGeo-Conf] 2009 RFP draft review

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at dmsolutions.ca
Thu Oct 25 18:54:45 EDT 2007

comments inline:

Thierry Badard wrote:

> Here are some minor suggestions and corrections :
>
> 1) The "Committee Question Period" section mentions "A period between
> the solicitation closing date and the decision date (01/11/08 to
> 01/25/08) ...", but the decision date is February 1st, 2008 ;-). The
> sentence should then be rephrased as for instance: "A period between the
> solicitation closing date, 01/11/08 and 01/25/08 ...".

changed to:

"A period between the solicitation closing date and the decision date
will be used by the committee to ask for further information regarding
proposals; the question period will be from 01/11/08 to 01/25/08."

> 2) To my mind, addition of a section entitled "Important dates" would be
> a good idea. It will act as a simple and practical reminder of important
> steps in the submission process.

great idea.  added:

Important Dates
===============

Solicitation closes: 	01/11/08
Question Period: 	01/11/08 to 01/25/08
Decision: 		02/01/08

> 3) In the "evaluation criteria" section, it is stated that all prices
> should be in USD in your proposal. During the meeting this day, it has
> been mentioned it would be important to add a date for currency
> conversion. For instance USD January 1st. Currency values sometimes
> change rapidly and in important proportions (e.g. $CA ;-) ). As budgets
> are often performed in local currency, conversion in USD should be
> performed on the same reference value to allow objective comparison.

changed to:

"Note: please include all prices in USD in your proposal, and please
specify a currency date in your proposal (e.g. USD January 1st 2008)."

> 4) In point 3.c) of the requirements, I would be more precise by
> specifying "... work and relations with OSGeo (especially with
> conference committee, board and visibility committee)?"

That section now looks like:

"3. The hosting organization and local community.
	a)  Supporting local organizations (companies, universities, user
groups) and individuals that
                  would be involved in the local conference committee,
and a sense of their level of
                  commitment.
	b)  Local organizing committee.
	c)  Local open source development and implementation activity, interest
and enthusiasm for open source geospatial in your region.
	d)  How do you plan to manage/organize work and relations with OSGeo
(especially with
                  the conference, board, and visibility committees)?"

> 5) In point 5 or 6 of the requirements, I would add an item about
> available working and meeting facilities (rooms for small business
> meeting, rooms with tables and power supply facilities in order to be
> able to work with laptops during the conference, ...), number of rooms,
> number of places per room, pricing, available options (e.g. video
> projectors) and prices.

Isn't that part of 2b) ?

"2. The hosting location.
	b)  What venue will the conference be in, what are the number of rooms
available, seating, and
                   associated pricing?"

Or do you want more detail there?

> Hoping it helps.

thanks for the edits.  I've uploaded the changes for all to see.

--
jeff