[OSGeo-Conf] Conference policy

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Mon Jun 23 14:44:19 EDT 2008

Daniel Ames wrote:
> +1 for Dave Patton's request for a definition of "3rd party OSGeo
> branded event"

Dave / Daniel,

I believe the question is, are we open to the idea of events
(conferences, training) operated by a 3rd party (not under direct OSGeo
supervision), potentially operated for a profit by the third party but
presented using the OSGeo name, logo, etc.

If we are not open to this, then there is no need to go into detailed
policy proposals.

 > So, I would ask that all committee members[1] publicly vote FOR (+1)
 > or AGAINST (-1) third party OSGeo branded events.

I'm +1 on allowing for third party OSGeo branded events, with detailed
policy yet to be defined.

Best regards,