[OSGeo-Conf] 2010 hosting RFP plans

Dave Patton davep at confluence.org
Wed Sep 10 14:42:07 EDT 2008

On 2008/09/08 9:36 AM, Jeff McKenna wrote:
> I wish to thank everyone for their great input on the RFP draft in last
> week's meeting (if you missed it you can view the meeting log[1]).
>
> The latest draft[2] should contain all of the agreed suggestions

> [1] http://logs.qgis.org/foss4g/%23foss4g.2008-09-03.log
> [2]
> http://www.osgeo.org/sites/osgeo.org/files/webfiles/conference/rfp/2010/osgeo-conference-2010-request-for-proposal.pdf

The RFP provides guidance to the people who will
likely make up the LOC for the successful candidate,
and in turn the RFP is probably part of the information
provided by those people to a potential PCO that they
may wish to use to help organize their conference.

1)
Perhaps under the "Support by OSGeo" section on page 5,
is it worthwhile adding something along the lines of:
"Participants in OSGeo projects and committees come
from all parts of the globe, so the primary means of
collaboration and communication used by OSGeo are
mailing lists and the OSGeo wiki.  It is expected that
these tools will also be used for the collaboration
and communications needed to organize the FOSS4G 2010
conference".

2)
FOSS4G2007 has an extensive Lessons Learned page:
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G2007_Lessons_Learned
2008 has the skeleton of a page, but no content yet
(presumably will be updated after the conference?):
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G2008_Lessons_Learned
2009 has a page, with the start of some content:
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G_2009_Lessons_Learned
The "Communication" section of the RFP includes a
"Home Web Page" subsection(page 9). Either as another
subsection after this, or elsewhere, is it worthwhile
to reference the OSGeo wiki in general, and/or the
Lessons Learned pages from 'prior' conferences?

--
Dave Patton
CIS Canadian Information Systems

Degree Confluence Project: