[OSGeo-Conf] My Prague proposal questions

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Thu Aug 25 11:22:57 EDT 2011

Hello Karel and the Praha team,

I have a few questions/comments about your proposal:

- I like that you already have your local committee separated into
appropriate subcommittees.  This is very important, as you know.

- I think that the maximum of 500 for a plenary is problematic, but I
like that you have proposed a workaround (joining the 2 halls by
teleconferencing/video).

- Very nice to see affordable accommodations available around the CULS
venue.  I can imagine that the dormitory option would be very popular
with attendees.

- Thank you for providing your proposed sponsorship levels.

- Very detailed proposed schedule.  May I ask that you specifically slot
in a time for the OSGeo Annual General Meeting? Thanks (this is often
forgotten, yet is specifically stated in the RFP).

- It's not clear to me the impact that the national INSPIRE event will
have on the FOSS4G event.  How many attendees normally attend your
INSPIRE event?  What if a person wants to attend both events, what is
the proposed registration fee in that case?

Thank you.

-jeff