[OSGeo-Conf] Confirming Beijing 2012 Date

Seven (aka Arnulf) seven at arnulf.us
Fri Nov 11 04:55:17 EST 2011

Dear Song,
thank you for the quick feedback.

We have now started a mailing list [1] specifically for the organization
of FOSS4G. This will help to keep everyone up to date and make it easier
to refer to decisions when new people join in. Could you please all make
sure that the members of the Local Organizing Committee join this list?

Additionally it would be helpful to see a list of the people who are
involved with organizing FOSS4G, from the top level down to the ground
work folks. This will make it much easier to interact for all of us.
Ideally your team can create an OSGeo user account and add themselves to
the FOSS4G 2012 Wiki [2] page to get this list started. We will use the
Wiki a lot for organization and referencing things so everybody should
have an account.

Please do not hesitate to use this mail list and the Wiki for anything
related to FOSS4G in Beijing - including issues that you may have with
the way we usually organize this conference and which might conflict
with your style of doing things.

If you are not familiar with MediaWiki we can arrange for a short
Webinar to introduce to the basic editing functions. This should take no
more than an hour of online conference.

Best regards,
Arnulf

Please be aware that this list is open to the public.
[2] http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G_2012_LOC_members_and_assignments