[OSGeo-Conf] Re: Motion Regarding FOSS4G-CEE Name

Karel Charvat charvat at ccss.cz
Thu Oct 13 08:45:49 EDT 2011

Vasile thanks. We are now already working on it and I hope during next week start invited colleagues from CEE into preparation team. We made first steps, and  we are sure to be able to organise FOSS4G CEE as low cost events. Our goal is to limited regular fee by 100 Euro. So this we put as our goal. (for students we will see for better solution). The part of Czech team is CENIA (public organisation under Ministry of Environment responsible for INSPIRE in Czech R. - big part of Czech INSPIRE portal are OS) and Forest management Institute also using OS and contributing to Open data Access.
About afraid about participation on Being event, I can guarantee, that from Czech Republic (people working in Czech Republic currently) will come minimally the some number of people like was in Denver. For CEE event is our goal not only meeting of developers (it will be supported also and we are planning to organise some codesprints, etc.), but also bring OS to users.
Karel