[OSGeo-Conf] FOSS4G 2014 Budget Sharing

Darrell Fuhriman darrell at garnix.org
Mon Jul 8 10:14:58 PDT 2013

> Today, thanks to fantastic sponsorship from all of these guys http://2013.foss4g.org/sponsors/ and very encouraging bookings we should be expecting a much larger surplus (I am not going to speculate in public as to the level). Our costs in general are likely to be a little lower than forecast.

One thing I discovered in working on our proposal, is that while estimated budgets for prior years were easy to find, there was nothing that actually outlined what things ultimately cost by the end of the conference.

For future LOCs, I think it would be very useful to have actual expenditures to base budgets off of. If we get the bid, it's my intention to keep track of all expenses and publish a summary budget after the conference. I would like to see this listed as a requirement for future LOCs as well. Just a thought.

Darrell