[OSGeo-Conf] Kicking off the 2016 process

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Tue Dec 9 10:21:59 PST 2014

On 2014-12-09 7:16 PM, Till Adams wrote:
> Jeff,
>
> there is a copy&paste-miss in the Pdf, see page 9 under "stage 1":
>
> “Letters of Intent" will be accepted from potential Local Organizing
> Committees (LOC) in regions anywhere outside of North America and
> Europe. If there are no submissions from groups in the region,
> letters from any region will then be solicited. ... "
>
> I guess you mean:
>
> “Letters of Intent" will be accepted from potential Local Organizing
> Committees (LOC) in regions only from Europe. If there are no
> submissions from groups in the region, letters from any region will then
> be solicited. ... "

many thanks, I will change that and update the SVN version

> Beside that you explicitly name the FOSSGIs conferences in your list
> from page 4 but your list ends with that one in Heidelberg in 2011.
> There have been FOSSGIs conferences 2012 (20.-22.03 in Dessau), 2013
> (12.-14-6 in Rapperswil) and 2014 (19.-21.03 in Berlin) and the next one
> will take place in Münster (11.03-15.03. 2015)
>
> just 2 penny.

interesting, exactly when i stopped doing this for the conference
committee ;)  (it was me all those years nagging FOSSGIS committees for
their reports for this RFP)  Could you champion that instead?  (please
point the committees to the very short 3 page document for them to fill
out:
http://svn.osgeo.org/osgeo/foss4g/rfp/2016/osgeo-conference-financial-report-template.odt)
  thanks,

-jeff