[OSGeo-Conf] Kicking off the 2016 process

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Tue Dec 9 11:33:54 PST 2014

Hi Jeff,
I've read through, and document looks pretty good. Thanks.

1. Following on from Till's comment about FOSSGIS being listed in the
past FOSS4G conferences.
As you will have noticed, OSGeo/FOSS4G has now grown to the point where
there are now multiple FOSS4G regional and local events happening every
year.
You can get an indication for the number from our OSGeo-Live history
page, which lists where OSGeo-Live is used:
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Live_GIS_History

If FOSSGIS is listed, then some of the other large FOSS4G events should
also be listed (FOSS4G-NA immediately comes to mind considering that
attracts comparable, if not more people than FOSSGIS and FOSS4G).
We could try and list all regional and possibly local events, but I
suspect that it will become too difficult to keep up to date. As such,
it would likely be easier to only list the FOSS4G main annual events.

2. Lessons Learned from 2012 is not listed. (This was our failed year).
While painful to remember, I think we learned a lot from the experience
we gained that year, which was captured in the lessons learned.
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G_2012_Lessons_Learned

--
Cameron Shorter,
Software and Data Solutions Manager