[OSGeo-Conf] Revised budget estimation of FOSS4G 2015 Seoul

Sanghee Shin shshin at gaia3d.com
Thu Jun 12 03:23:56 PDT 2014

Dear Steven,

You can install LibreOffice in your Mac just like me. :)

Regarding big sponsorship, we’re under discussion with 2 major government bodies.

The first one is NIPA(National IT Industry Promotion Agency). We got a very positive response from the agency and will meet within 1~2 weeks for the specific conditions.

The second one is MOLIT(Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport). Although we got initial positive response from the person in charge in MOLIT, it would take very long time to get an official sponsorship from MOLIT, since it is ministry level and there should be lots of lots of bureaucratic paper works and others and others. Ah... It’s not an easy job. Anyway we contracted the Venue without deposit money with help from MOLIT. This is a good sign for us.

Regular meeting of KAOS-G, another institutional LOC member, was held yesterday and talked about the preparation of FOSS4G 2015 as well. Some company will sponsor the FOSS4G 2015, those may not be the big sponsors though.

We don’t have any plan to charge workshop presenters. I think we should appreciate their efforts. However the maximum free pass to workshop presenters will be 8.

We also expect we can attract more than 300 delegates definitely. However just like conference committee members pointed, we need contingency plan as Plan B or Plan C.

By the way, will FOSS4 2014 Portland team give us presentation slot for introducing FOSS4G 2015 Seoul to delegates?

With regards,

Sanghee
---
Shin, Sanghee
Gaia3D, Inc. - Helping Earth Sustainable
http://www.gaia3d.com
Tel : +82-(0)2-3397-3475
Fax : +82-(0)2-3397-3478

2014. 6. 12., 오전 10:04, Steven Feldman <shfeldman at gmail.com> 작성: