[OSGeo-Conf] [Board] next year's representative at FOSS4G Conference

Steven Feldman shfeldman at gmail.com
Tue Apr 14 11:13:47 PDT 2015

I don’t think that the following year’s budget should include several thousand dollars for travel across continents and accommodation - I am not sure what the benefit would be. I think we would expect an LOC who has won the right to stage a FOSS4G would have several team members who had attended one or more previous events (maybe that should be a question that we should ask at the LoI stage).

That said, I think it is reasonable for the current years FOSS4G to offer a free attendance to someone from the next year’s LOC. The cost would be small, but the delegate attending should pick up their own travel and accommodation expenses.
______
Steven