[OSGeo-Conf] [Board] next year's representative at FOSS4G Conference

Sanghee Shin shshin at gaia3d.com
Tue Apr 14 14:19:52 PDT 2015

If I am asked to give a free pass to someone from FOSS4G 2016 team or OSGeo Board member, I have to say “No.” But, we’ll give one free booth to OSGeo.

Seoul team has strict “No Free Pass” policy internally and so all LOC members even including me have to register to show up at FOSS4G Seoul. This is because Seoul team is preparing FOSS4G Seoul with extreme uncertainty unlike previous FOSS4G in Europe or NA. Still we’re not sure how many people will attend and how much sponsorship we can get finally. Seoul team has the risk of having deficit after the party. If any, the deficit will be purely upon Seoul team not on OSGeo. That’s why we’re very reluctant to give any free pass to somebody.

Anyway Seoul team attended FOSS4G Portland and FOSS4G NA this year with our own budget without any free pass.

With regards,

Sanghee
---
Sanghee Shin, Chair of FOSS4G 2015 Seoul
"Toward Diversity! FOSS4G Bigbang from Seoul!"
http://2015.foss4g.org
Twitter: @foss4g
Facebook: FOSS4G2015
email: foss4gchair at osgeo.org