[OSGeo-Conf] Proposed text for an OSGeo Code of Conduct

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Sun Jan 25 13:10:31 PST 2015

Thanks Eli,
I like your list of characteristics. I'd add:

* Have a CoC in the first place, which breaks down to:
** Ensure conferences remember / realise that a CoC should be in place.
(Add it to our cookbook [1]  and bid process)
** Make it easy to apply a CoC by referencing an existing document.
(Complete this discussion and provide a best practice document that can
be referenced).

I acknowledge your point re over-doing sexualized images discussion.

I like the qgis CoC, and suggest that if we can make adding a CoC easy
(by providing generic text), then we should add having a CoC a
requirement for OSGeo graduation. I've added a placemarker into the
proposed text for the next OSGeo Project Graduation Checklist. [2]

[1] http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G_Handbook
[2] http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Project_Graduation_Checklist#processes.4