[OSGeo-Conf] participants events

Steven Feldman shfeldman at gmail.com
Mon Jun 15 01:15:53 PDT 2015

If you run the code sprint before the conference it clashes with the workshops
If you run the code sprint during the main conference it would clash with sessions and many of the sprinters are speakers as well. Plus it disrupts the conference
If you run the code sprint after the conference some people are burned out, others need to travel home

So no easy answer - I agree with Till, after the conference seems to have a traditional feel.

Another thought is that we should promote the code sprint more actively as a way for new people to get involved, perhaps emphasising that "you don’t have to write code to participate in a code sprint"
______
Steven