[OSGeo-Conf] Announcements about FOSS4G bid schedule and bid schedule preparation?

Steven Feldman shfeldman at gmail.com
Tue Jun 30 04:45:09 PDT 2015

Some thoughts on the 2017 bid process

Would it help if the Letters of Intent were a bit more detailed?
We may want to do more early LoI questioning before going to full proposals
If we start process soon, I suggest we allow a longer period for LoI’s - given summer vacations till say mid/end August? Then 2 weeks for questions. Then vote
Letters of Intent - is 2 votes sufficient? Should we consider changing criteria to 25% of votes (round down to whole number)?
Full bids submitted by mid October, then 2-3 weeks for questions and decision by mid November 2015 (approx 21/22 months before event)

Steven