[OSGeo-Conf] Voting Conflict of Interest Disclosure

David William Bitner bitner at dbspatial.com
Thu Nov 5 10:36:48 PST 2015

Fellow Conference Committee members,

As I did prior to the first round of voting, I would like to disclose that
I have been helping the Boston team with their proposal and have been
included as part of their Local Organizing Committee.

It is my belief that as a committee it is highly desirable for us to have
our members as active as they are willing at all stages in the FOSS4G
process including working at the early stages to help make sure that we
have the best bids and options that we can have.

If we disallow votes from our members who take an active role in creating
these bids we discourage bidding teams and our conference committee members
from working closely together during this process.

While I acknowledge that my work with the Boston team presents a conflict
of interest, I believe that our committee and this process is better served
by encouraging our membership to play as active a role as possible in all
aspects of this process. Unless there is consensus that I should do
otherwise, it is my intention to continue to participate in the
deliberation and voting for the 2017 FOSS4G selection. I commit to vote
based not on my involvement with one LOC, but to evenly consider all
proposals and what I feel is best for FOSS4G and for OSGeo.

Sincerely,

David

--
David William Bitner