[OSGeo-Conf] Tweaked conference committee processes

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Mon Dec 26 18:28:43 PST 2016

Conference committee,

Maria, Venka, Steven, Eli and I have revisited the proposed conference
committee processes, addressing previous concerns from Maria and Venka.
After some adjustments, we are all now happy with the text [1].

Could all please run your eyes over this and comment on whether you
think it is ok, or whether you think there is something extra needing to
be changed.

Once we have heard from the majority of the committee (preferably all),
and any comments raised have been addressed, I'll start a motion as a
separate email thread to finalise these processes. I'll leave up to 2
weeks, till 10 Jan for people to comment).

The changes include:

* There is no set number of people on the committee, just a requirement
that global FOSS4G chairs/co-chairs make up more than 50% of the committee.

* Major decisions will have a minimum of 1 week for people to vote to
try and ensure there is sufficient time for most (if not all) committee
members to vote.

* A number of other minor tweaks to the text.

Note: We currently have 11 global foss4g chair/co-chairs on the
conference committee. Based on proposed rules, we have space for 10 more
people on the committee (totaling 21). We currently have 16 members [2]
listed.

Jeroen, Helena, you both recently volunteered to step down from the
committee. I'm hopeful that you might reconsider and rejoin.

[1]
https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Conference_Committee_Policy_Discussions#Motion_3:_adjusted_based_on_feedback_by_Cameron_Shorter

[2] https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Conference_Committee#Current_Members

--