[OSGeo-Conf] [Board] Amended MOTION (items 1-5): Conference Committee - Updating Membership Policies and Process

Peter Batty peter at ebatty.com
Sat Oct 8 10:04:27 PDT 2016

+1 to Cameron's email.

For what it's worth, it was mentioned somewhere along the way that the
board voting procedure, which I think is what we are supposed to be
following in terms of these vetoes etc, says that "If a motion is vetoed,
and it cannot be revised to satisfy all parties, then it can be resubmitted
for an override vote, in which a majority of all Board members indicating
+1 is required to pass it."

https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Board_Voting_Procedure

So if someone wants to re-propose the original motion which had strong
majority support at the time, we can re-vote on that, if enough people are
still watching. I don't especially want to re-propose it myself as I don't
have a strong interest in this procedural stuff, and I have lost track of
whether there were any amendments to the original motion proposed by Steven
that should be incorporated in a re-submitted motion.