[OSGeo-Conf] Answers to questions about FOSS4G 2018

Manolo Delgado juanmanueldelgado at gmail.com
Mon Oct 17 05:02:50 PDT 2016

Dear members of the Conference Committee OSGEO - FOSS4G sending the answers
to your questions and concerns about the candidature of Lima to host the
2018 FOSS4G.

Peru is the western center of South America and is the cradle of a great
culture with more than 5,000 years old.

The average temperature of 26 C ° in summer, average temperature of 17 Cº
in winter and in September the average temperature is 20 C °.

Lima is the capital of Peru and the international airport is 25 minutes or
45minutes from the historic center of Lima or the financial center of Lima
(San Isidro).

Peru has 84 areas of possible 106 lives, has ancient Cusco capital of the
Incas and Machu Picchu is located, traveling 80 minutes via area, if you
want to know the Peruvian Amazon biodiversity and enjoy this iquitos to 70
minutes, if you want to know beaches and enigmatic Nazca lines is 45 minutes
from Lima.

Lima is regional air hub and principal of South America and have daily and
direct to the US, Latin America and Europe connections, its hotel capacity
is large with the presence of international chains and services last
generation.

Lima was considered in 2016 as Best culinary destination in South America
and as best destination for business tourism according to the World Travel
Awards Sudamerica, the Ministry of Foreign Trade and Tourism is our ally and
are aware of our application.

In Peru there is no presence of international or domestic terrorism, there
is no security problems or pitfalls of drug cartels or xenophobia is quite
the opposite in the warmth towards foreign visitors.

Our commitment is that in 2018 the exchange FOSS4G be a north - south on
knowledge, innovation and business in Geotecnologies for Peru and Latin
America. It has contacted the OSGEO communities of Bolivia, Mexico,
Colombia, Costa Rica, Ecuador, Brazil and other countries to participate in
this event FOSS4G 2018, but first we will launch the 2017 FOSS4G LATAM.

We consider it important to encourage the participation of OSGEO Brazilian
community because they are part of the economies of the BRICS and a large
internal market but above all has an active community that little has
participated in events OSGEO according to statistics of participation by
countries of the FOSS4G.

On prices of attendees obviously have preferential rates for students and
seniors so the same one for the countries of low and middle income so that
you can achieve the participation of delegations from emerging countries and
low income in a greater number and know the ecosystem geomatics of these
countries are from America, Africa or Asia. This study that simultaneous
translation of English and Spanish will be offered.

The event will feature keynotes, roundtables, oral presentations and
posters, workshops, business conferences and exhibitions fair for companies,
all in one building. Besides a feast of fellowship event will be taken in a
suitable place with live bands and DJs, all covered in a single charge.

I am a teacher of several Peruvian universities like the National University
of San Marcos is the oldest in Latin America founded in 1551 and other Latin
American universities in Bolivia, Mexico and Colombia who are interested in
being part of this geospatial event and with the support of the IGU -
International Geographical Union and AAG - AAG where there are chapters of
cybercartografia and Geotecnologies where events are no less than 4,000
people annually, and manage mail contact nearly 15,000 people who
participated in these events, plus there one experienciaen organize and
manage national academic events, thematic workshops or being the smallest of
nearly 100 people and the largest of nearly 2,000 people in the last 5
years, but we are advised by a company professional event organizer
extensive experience.

I am part of a team of Peruvian and Latin Americans who work, we investigate
various issues of geography and geotechnologies attuned to innovation and
time activist of free software, open data and its proper use by all citizens
in search of the good life for all of us.

I hope to be respodiendo all questions graciously sent to this forum FOSS4G
2018.

Sincerely,

*JUAN MANUEL ESTRADA DELGADO
*
*International Geographical Union – Perú
Open Geoespatial  Foundation - Perú*

PS: Sorry for the delay in responding but I am in Ecuador on the Habitat III
Conference of the UN.