[OSGeo-Conf] Voting Results of RfP 2019

MarĂ­a Arias de Reyna delawen at gmail.com
Tue Dec 19 00:46:33 PST 2017

Hi,

On Tue, Dec 19, 2017 at 9:40 AM, massimiliano cannata <
massimiliano.cannata at gmail.com> wrote:

> Congratulations to Bucharest and thanks to Sevilla.
>
> As an observer is quite bad to see that 1/3 of the s"elected" people of
> the voting conference committee didn't vote, considering this is one of the
> few task they have....

You are right, but consider that probably they have many other tasks from
other committees. So I wouldn't be too hard on them. It is them who should
decide if they should resign and let others vote.

What maybe was more decisive here was cutting the time for voting. I
understand it was not an easy decision, but at the same time, maybe it
would have been wise to delay the voting a bit, if the voters had problems
deciding. Voting in a hurry is usually no good strategy.

Can I ask people who didn't vote why they didn't vote? It was a lack of
time? A difficult decision and you decided to abstain?

I don't need to know who they were, sure. Maybe the CROs of this voting can
do a compilation of answers?