[OSGeo-Conf] conference committee updated mandate

Steven Feldman shfeldman at gmail.com
Wed May 17 04:57:36 PDT 2017

Good idea re “Preliminary thoughts on travel grants” wiki page

My thoughts
Ask LOC for their Diversity Objectives and Priorities
Draft criteria specific to that LOC’s objectives (will change for each FOSS4G)
Agree weighting and priorities
Grants should be partial i.e. the grantee has to have some skin in the game. Perhaps we pay for conference pass and a per diem towards accommodation and subsistence but delegate pays travel cost (and has to show a confirmed travel booking before receiving the conference pass etc, per diems could be issued at the event)
Remember Jody’s suggestion to form a Travel Grant Working Group (this will enable us to make budget requests and we could co-opt a small number of people rater than having everyone involved)

MFTBY

______
Steven