[OSGeo-Conf] Start 2019 RFP / Call for vote on "publishing LoIvotes"

MarĂ­a Arias de Reyna delawen at gmail.com
Mon Sep 4 07:44:32 PDT 2017

On Mon, Sep 4, 2017 at 4:39 PM, stevenfeldman <shfeldman at gmail.com> wrote:
> Sanghee said "Me too. +1 for not disclosing the vote numbers at any stage. "
>
> My suggestion to publish LoI votes was based on the very low threshold for
> inclusion in the next stage. If an LoI only needs 2 votes to go on to the
> next stage we may be putting a team to a lot of work in preparing a full
> proposal when they have little chance of being successful, hence my
> suggestion.

Why little chance? A proposal may not seem good until it has been
fully described in detail. Not everyone is fluent in English, not
everyone is good at showing their ideas. Personally (as an interested
party this year) I don't care how many votes receive each proposal, as
all of them should try as hard as they could to get the better
proposal. In fact, I think no one should be discarded on the first
phase unless their first draft is so awful it is clear they cannot
work on a good proposal.