[OSGeo-Conf] Start 2019 RFP / Call for vote on "publishing LoIvotes"

Eli Adam eadam at co.lincoln.or.us
Thu Sep 7 17:36:52 PDT 2017

I vote -0 on the proposal, "I would propose *not* to publish the
number of votes on LoI's."

I generally favor transparency.  Not publishing in that past has
seemed to work as well.

I suspect with a new voting system [1], we are going to have all LoI's
receive 85-100%.  Many voting members in the past seemed to have
trouble deciding between multiple good LoI.  The full bids we receive
are of very high quality as well.

Best regards, Eli

[1] https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/conference_dev/2017-September/004464.html