[OSGeo-Conf] Questions / Remarks on Calgary proposal

michael terner ternergeo at gmail.com
Wed Dec 5 14:57:11 PST 2018

 *These questions are also posted on the Wiki site...*

Thanks for all the hard work on your excellent and comprehensive proposal.
A few questions:

   - In the narrative and budget details document I didn't find any mention
   of a Professional Conference Organizer (PCO) which has been a component,
   and expense of recent conferences. Will there be a PCO? If so, how, and at
   what level will they be funded?
   - Under Section IV.V Seed Funding, there is some mention of TECTERRA
   providing "in-kind contributions of staff time for planning and hosting the
   event". Is this the equivalent of a PCO? If so, is there an estimate of the
   value of this in-kind contribution (as that will help to understand level
   of PCO-like support that might be available)? Will TECTERRA be providing
   PCO-like services such as banking, registration system, abstract
   collection/scoring system, support staff (e.g., registration and setup),
   administration of the mobile app, etc., during the event?

Again, congratulations and a great and compelling proposal. Good luck...

MT

Michael Terner
ternergeo at gmail.com
(M) 978-631-6602