[OSGeo-Conf] FOSS4G 2020 - Final Shoutout for Calgary!

Jonathan Neufeld jneufeld at tecterra.com
Wed Dec 5 14:44:00 PST 2018

Hi All,

Since the Q&A portion of Stage 2 is coming to a close I'd like to do a final shoutout for Calgary (c:

-            Our LOC has direct experience leading events with attendance of 800-1,000 people

-            Calgary is easy to get to, and get around in

-            There is no provincial sales tax in Alberta, which means budget dollars will go further.

-            Our budget is conservative and will still provide at least $26k USD back to OSGeo, while ensuring an ethical and memorable experience for attendees

-            Calgary has a large geospatial community; with support from BC, Manitoba, and even Washington State

-            We have confirmed $98k USD in sponsorship, and the possibility for another $153k USD ($200k CAD) from a government agency

Thanks for your consideration - we're excited to learn the results of the vote.

Cheers,

[cid:image002.jpg at 01D48CA5.A5DBE090]

[cid:image003.jpg at 01D48CA5.A5DBE090]

Jonathan Neufeld
Co-Chair
FOSS4G Calgary 2020

Brad Ashley
Co-Chair
FOSS4G Calgary 2020

JONATHAN NEUFELD, P.ENG, MBA
CEO
TECTERRA INC.
DIRECT  403.532.4281 MOBILE 403.473.4333
EMAIL jneufeld at tecterra.com<mailto:jneufeld at tecterra.com>   WEB www.tecterra.com<http://www.tecterra.com/>
108, 8826 Blackfoot Trail SE Calgary, AB T2J 3J1 Canada
[TERRA_Logo]