[OSGeo-Conf] some decisions in the pipe

Till Adams till.adams at fossgis.de
Wed Feb 7 02:38:49 PST 2018

Dear list,

just to sum up the discussion results of the things, that I recently
started.

1.) Regading all the opinions about my thoughts about a unique template
for RFP of FOSS4G's I think that most of you disagree with preparing a
pre-fixed template and give the teams their freedom to shape their
proposal as they like to.

If nobody sees a need for a vote here, I'd tend to put this idea aside.

2.) Regarding the nomination of Gerald, performed by Venka. There have
been vivid discussions on the process of nomination and also the for and
against of accepting nominations of regional chairs as members for the
global conference committee.

My thought on this is the following: I would call for a vote, whether we
should accept nominations of chairs of regional conferences in general
in the future. Depending on the result, we can proceed on this issue.

3) In general I woud like to ask everybody (including me) to care for a
clear topic and content of your mails, especially when calling for a
vote. Mixing up content and requests for a vote will end up in
frustration, unclearness and motionless of our committee.

So far, hope you have better weather than we have over here ;-)

Till