[OSGeo-Conf] Free and Open Source Software for Geospatial -Global

Till Adams till.adams at fossgis.de
Wed Sep 25 00:27:07 PDT 2019

Dear Eileen,

many thanks for your request. In general, OSGeo is open to any bid that
we receive. We, OSGeo's conference committee, will consider every bid in
a fair and equal way.

Nevertheless, it is one of the preconditions, that there is a local
community, that is willing to organize the event.

You must know, that a FOSS4G is far more than just a conference, where
people come together in sessions in any venue somewhere in the world.
The social aspect, that brings the community together and that
introduces new members to join our community is an equal valuable
pretension, that we have. Or in other words: FOSS4G is a conference
without ties ;-).

For this, there is a need for local people, that know how OSGeo works
and that are capable to organize another unique event in their city.
Please read carefully our pretensions formulated in the call for the
letter of intent (LoI, [2]). Every member of the conference committee
will check, whether all of the mentioned points are covered by the LoI,
before raising the thumb up and let you pass to stage 2.

Maybe you'll find some local people on [2].

With kind regards,

Till Adams

on behalf of OSGeo's conference committee

[1] https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G_2021_Bid_Process

[2] https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Local_Chapters