[OSGeo-Conf] Firenze Full Proposal

Mark Iliffe markiliffe at gmail.com
Sun Apr 25 13:02:17 PDT 2021

Dear Luca,

Firstly, congratulations on your LOC's proposal. My broad
questions/suggestions:

   - How many delegates would you intend to invite via your travel grant
   programme? What factors would you consider?
   - Your proposal considers three cases "Base, Better, Best". Can you
   elaborate whether these consider the current 300pax limit imposed by
   COVID-19?
   - How is your public liability covered? Especially with our current
   working modalities, would it not be advisable to budget or consider some
   form of insurance?
   - Bags for delegates in various conferences have been reduced in light
   of environmental concerns - perhaps this would be a good idea?
   - What is your diversity and inclusion policy? How can we ensure that
   those that have the most to benefit from attending FOSS4G can be at FOSS4G?
   - What is the nuclear option to ensure cost-recovery, in case of
   no-physical event due to COVID-19 or other concerns?
   - Do you have a policy of recommending vaccinations for COVID-19,
   wearing of masks, or will you defer to prevailing national policy? If
   deferring to national policy, how will you communicate it to ensure safety
   and trust?

Many thanks,

Mark