[OSGeo-Conf] Firenze Full Proposal

Eli Adam eadam at co.lincoln.or.us
Mon Apr 26 10:49:38 PDT 2021

On Thu, Apr 22, 2021 at 1:42 PM Luca Delucchi <lucadeluge at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 22 Apr 2021 at 17:46, Eli Adam <eadam at co.lincoln.or.us> wrote:
> >
> > Hi Luca,
> >

> Hi Eli,
>
> > Thanks for the full proposal!
> >

> you are welcome
>
> > On Wed, Apr 21, 2021 at 12:10 PM Luca Delucchi <lucadeluge at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >>
> >> Dear Conference Committee Members,
> >>
> >> you will find the full version of the proposal [0], plus the budget
> >> (Annex 1) [1] and endorsement letters (Annex 2) [2]. I didn't attach
> >> them to the mail because the attachments exceed message size limit.
> >

> > On some technical matters, how did you find that ~10MB of attachments
> exceeds the message size limit?  Did an earlier email get rejected?  (Maybe
> it is sitting in a moderation queue somewhere.)  Till sent a ~6MB
> attachment in 2015,
> https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/conference_dev/2015-February/002897.html
> >

> I reduced the annex and now it is half size, the link is
>
> https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ElrMHr9UqmwSI575W9ZeEvEw_eP8hVlx/view?usp=sharing
>
> > If you can't send attachments of that size, we may want to work with SAC
> to raise the limit.
> >

> Do you want me to resend the email or can you download from gdrive?

I wasn't clear before but the point of sending it as an attachment to the
list instead of an ephemeral link on third party servers is to archive it
on OSGeo servers, complete with a timestamp.  I've just put it all in SVN,
https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/changeset/12781/foss4g to accomplish much of
that.  I would put it in SVN even if it was on the list since it is neatly
organized and easy to find historical information that way.  This is the
type of stuff that I'm trying to pass on to someone else and have been
working a little with Maria, who is also rather busy currently running
a FOSS4G.  See also,
https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/conference_dev/2021-March/005632.html and
https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/conference_dev/2021-April/005646.html

I'll stop disrupting the proposal discussion on this thread, and let the
focus return to Mark's questions and any others that are raised.

Best regards, Eli