[OSGeo-Conf] RfP FOSS4G2024

Luca Delucchi lucadeluge at gmail.com
Fri Dec 16 02:03:57 PST 2022

Il ven 16 dic 2022, 09:43 María Arias de Reyna <delawen at gmail.com> ha
scritto:

> Because for example Mexico is NA but I guess the expected revenue is
> closer to what you would expect from organizing it in... Argentina?  Or
> maybe not because it is geographically closer to USA? But then by the same
> criteria Morocco should count as Europe because we are really close and it
> is cheap to travel there.
>
> And I know this is a very delicate topic because criteria may be
> subjective if we are not careful, even xenophobic. Maybe we should try to
> be less geographically focused and more focused on economy ranking? Or have
> a scoring criteria that has several perspectives into account?

I like the idea, it could be related to world Bank income classification (
https://datahelpdesk.worldbank.org/knowledgebase/articles/906519-world-bank-country-and-lending-groups
)?
One year high income countries and the other year all the others countries

Like, if you are hosting in the same continent as last FOSS4G, you won't
> get as much points as if it is in the other side of the world.

+1

Best
Luca