[OSGeo-Conf] Fwd: FOSS4G 2025 stage 2 vote results

Simon Nitz Simon.Nitz at whanganui.govt.nz
Tue Jun 4 12:57:17 PDT 2024

Dear Vasile, Msilikale, the Conference Committee and all,

We are ecstatic to receive the news that Auckland has been chosen to host FOSS4G 2025! The entire FOSS4G Auckland 2025 Local Organizing Committee is thrilled and deeply honored by this prestigious opportunity.

We are committed to delivering an exceptional conference experience that fosters collaboration, showcases innovation, and emphasizes sustainability.  Auckland's and the wider OSGeo Oceania's vibrant geospatial community is ready and eager to welcome the global FOSS4G family.

Thank you for placing your trust in Auckland.

While we're incredibly excited about bringing FOSS4G 2025 to Auckland and Oceania, we also acknowledge the strong bid presented by Hiroshima. Their bid was truly impressive. We have no doubt they would have hosted a fantastic conference and we encourage and support you to bid for 2026.

Sincerely,
Simon Nitz
Co-Chair
The FOSS4G Auckland 2025 Local Organizing Committee