Interested in OSGeo

Landon Blake lblake at ksninc.com
Wed Dec 6 16:27:39 PST 2006

I've just subscribed to the mailing list.

I work as a Land Surveyor in Stockton, California. I also work as a
project administrator and developer for the SurveyOS Project and the
JUMP Pilot Project. Most of my volunteer work revolves around the open
source GIS program OpenJUMP. I'm an advocate of the open source
development model, open technology standards, and especially open source
GIS.

I checked out the Volunteers Needed page, and think I might be able to
help on a limited basis with the Core Cirriculum Project. At any rate,
it is an area that I'm interested in. I'd love to explore the
possibility of a basic apprenticeship or certification program built
from public data, "free" materials/documentation, and open source GIS
software.

I'm also planning a local GIS user group for GIS users in my region. The
main goal of the group will be to promote data sharing among members.
I've got some ideas about what you could call "community mapping" that
I'd like to experiment with. I want to see if it would be possible to
apply the principles of open source software projects to cooperative
mapping efforts. It will take me a few months to get this all the way
off of the ground, but it might have potential as an OSGeo chapter.

Landon Blake (A.K.A. - The Sunburned Surveyor)

Project Surveyor

KSN Inc. - Consulting Engineers and Land Surveyors

E-Mail Address: lblake at ksninc.com

Warning: